Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Life for the Funs is a bit hectic right now. I'm still trying to acclimate to working mom status. I think Colin and I are making the transition quite smoothly, but it still hard leaving him. It helps knowing that he's in great hands and going to nurse at lunch really breaks up the day. We are even working on a regular schedule. Hopefully this pattern will keep and I didn't just jinx us. Work is going well for me. I'm getting back into a bunch of projects and it feels really great to be productive.

Ryan is working like a mad man because of all the catering orders for the hospital's luncheons. All together, Salsarita's will have catered for more than 2,000 hospital employees during this week. We have plans to go out on Saturday night to blow off some steam and enjoy each other's company. Yay for Date Night! Ryan's parents, whom I affectionately refer to as McMom and McDad, are going to babysit Colin for the first time. I know they are super excited.

In other news, we had our first family portrait on Sunday. We also had a few photos taken of Colin by himself - we couldn't resist. I promise to post them once we've shown them to our parents. I can't wait to show them off. In the meantime, this will have to hold you over.


He's our man of a million faces. I swear I could kiss those cheeks all day. I almost forgot. Ryan has also been busy being the "man of the house." We now have black mulch in the front yard and pine straw in half of the backyard. It looks great! As if he didn't work hard enough outside the home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy you all are adjusting so well.
    I can't wait to see the pictures. Ryan needs to let me.

    You should pull the, "Ashley lives so far away and she can't see them when the parents do anyway" card. :)

    ReplyDelete