Friday, March 18, 2011

Inaugural Post

OK, here it goes. This is my first post of my first blog - Living the Fun Life. I came up with the name for our blog because my husband Ryan is known in our circle of friends as "Big Fun." He has had that nickname longer than we've been together. So, on our wedding day, I officially became Mrs. Fun. We have continued to grow our Fun family with the addition of Molly, our golden retriever, and Colin, our wonderful son.

Colin turned six weeks old on St. Patrick's Day and I can't believe how fast time is passing. He is about 12 lbs and learns more each day. 


He has started to speak "whale" and discovers new things such as how to move his arms and legs. He is awake and alert during the day. He can lift his head and turn it from side to side. He smiles more every day. Everytime I see that gummy grin, I can't help but melt for my sweet little man.

I return to work in two weeks and Colin will start at the Child Development Center at the hospital. We met his teachers this week and we feel confident that he'll get the best possible care. As excited as I am about going back to work, I will miss spending the day with Colin. It shouldn't be possible to love someone so much. To top off my love for him, I never thought it would be possible to love Ryan more than I did when we were married, but the addition of Colin to our family has made me love him more. My life feels so blessed.

Ryan is off from work this weekend, so we will have much-needed family time. I am looking forward to enjoying the beautiful weather with our family unit.

I hope to make this blog my new hobby. It will be my way of telling our friends and family how we are "Living the Fun Life."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you started a blog!
    It's going to be wonderful to hear all about your family's adventures from so far away! :)
    Uncle Tomato and I miss you all very very much.

    We're glad to hear that you are feeling more comfortable with the CDC idea. I'm glad that you and Ryan are following your heart on it. You both, are wonderful parents.

    I'm ready to live the Fun Life!

    ReplyDelete