Friday, December 23, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

OK, so I'm not doing too well with updating this blog. It seems life has gotten away from me. My last post was in August - it is now December. December 23 in fact.

The Funs have been super busy these past few months. In September, Ryan and I celebrated 11 years as a couple. It truly is an amazing feeling to share my life and a family with my very best friend. October brought the SC State Fair and Halloween. I was sick for Colin's first Halloween. It sucked, but Ryan and Aunt Ashley took care of our little lion man and treated the neighborhood tricksters.

We had our first Thanksgiving in November. I spent my first nights away from Colin in December when I attended the Carolinas Healthcare Public Relations and Marketing Society conference in Asheville, NC. It was difficult being away from my guys, but the conference was great. And we had the added bonus of staying at the Grove Park Inn, completely decorated for Christmas.

We just got back from a quick visit to see my Aunt Debbie in West Palm Beach, FL. We drove down for the weekend to spend much-needed time with her and so she could meet Colin for the first time. Colin was completely smitten with her. My Aunt Debbie is such a remarkable woman. I'm blessed to have her in our lives.
I think that briefly catches us up. We are now two days away from our first Christmas as a three-and-a-half-some (including Molly). Ryan and I are so excited! Tomorrow (Christmas Eve) brings church and continuing my Grandma's tradition of snacks and presents. Then it's the BIG day. We're enjoying "just us" family-time in the morning, followed by a visit from my brother Ben, his girlfriend Mary and my parents. Ashley'll stop by next and then it's off to Ryan's parents' house to celebrate. Keep your eyes open for photos/video. I can't wait to share our day with you!

Here's a photo to hold you until then.
This was our Christmas card photo. It's the whole Fun clan!

No comments:

Post a Comment